From the small eyes of a small chinese boy

My experiences when i walk through life, my thoughts and of course my condescending brand of humor.

Friday, August 12, 2005

THE ARMY DAZE...

I have a picture of my platoon with me in Perth and after checking here and there, I know they're all getting along well in life now..which is good..Although army is something I dread, I actually have some fond memories of my time serving, although it seems so long ago now.

High Points...

- Passing out parade from BMT, I was offically a PRIVATE, feels super long ago now..about four years...

-Becoming a scout/recce, because it meant something different from just running up and down a hill. We rarely fire blanks..so our rifle very clean.

-Sitting around one night in the jungle during ATEC (final exercise), knowing that our time was finally drawing to a close..

-Getting through brunei, one of the most physically demanding exercises were there, cramp and heat exhaustion sets in quickly...

LOW POINTS

-Getting my face slammed into the floor during POW training, causing me to bite my lip, and the drowning feeling when I got dunked was hardly
enjoyable..

-Getting kicked in my ribs by my platoon commander when i was a trainee in SISPEC ( for you malaysians, its where u become a sergeant)

-Knowing smoking ruined my fitness..

-Countless times i got cramp during missions..leg cramp..not those kind of cramps

-Leaving my men behind when i left the army, wish everyone could have left together.