From the small eyes of a small chinese boy

My experiences when i walk through life, my thoughts and of course my condescending brand of humor.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I watched 'Girls out loud' afew days back and it was really funny.

It was funny Singaporeans didn't know what MRT, PIE, AYE were. Among the answers MRT stands for " errr Mono-rail train", Mobile Rapid Train, Mass Rapid Train.

For PIE one student replied "PIE lor, apple pie", one guy said "Pacific Island Expressway!!!"

Most people were stumped by AYE.

And they even had a segment on how Singaporean men propose to their gfs. One man quipped " I will just ask her if she wants to buy a flat, 5 room, 4 room and 3 room, also must ask if want new or resale." LOL super funny. Although I think it's unromantic to propose in such a manner, it isn't exactly illogical either.

The last nerdy guy on the show was persauded not to propose in such a manner, instead they made him get a ring, go onstage and sing a song for his gf. It was a nice touch. But they would have to settle the HDB part later anyway.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay, I know what they all stand for...
    Mass Rapid Transit
    Pan Island Expressway
    Ayer-Raja Expressway

    Thanks for making me feel smart. Now, is this part of the plan for being nice to me?
    Ha, it was nice to talk to you after supper though. I'm glad we have made it to having one conversation without arguing!

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Yeah, it was nice. Because you're now officially one of my good friends.

    Oh and btw, I bet you don't know what "UDD" stands for..haha.

     
  • At 2:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ...

    I do know what UDD stands for, I take lifts in HDBs, k?
    It's Urine Detection Device. I wonder who thought of it...

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger efarmer said…

    Hey, i know most but was laughing when i got stumped at ORD!! haahhaa. i suck!
    I also dont know wat is SCC, and i think SWP is Shaun Wright-phillips. HAHA.
    How about NCSS, MCYS, YRF, SPS, TMA?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home