From the small eyes of a small chinese boy

My experiences when i walk through life, my thoughts and of course my condescending brand of humor.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

SO MANY CAR CRASHES.

I'm sure you've read in the papers about all the fatalities/accidents that have occured recently. My condolences to all the victims. First a car crashed into a bus-stop (toyota Vios), injuring a couple of people. Next another guy totalled four cars in a HDB carpark, he was not driving a sports car. In both cases, both drivers had consumed alchohol.

Now because of these two spoilers, it has sparked a knee-jerk reaction from the Govt, who have resorted to hiding speed cameras in trash bins to catch people who speed. Its quite important to note that both these drivers were NOT speeding, rather they were intoxicated.

Much has been made of all these turbocharged monsters, flouting of speed limits. It's abit over-cooked to be honest. Firstly, you don't need to drive a turbocharged monster to do 120km/h, you can kill someone by hitting him with a scooter. Secondly, speeding & excessive speeding are totally different, the speed limit on bukit timah is 70km/h, which is pathetic for a 3 lane road, who won't speed?

It really depends on the person, anyone can speed. Drink driving is definately bad, there is no excuse for that, maybe one or two beers are fine, but that's it. End of story.

Tonight, i'm exchanging my car for my friend's EVO MR, which i can aptly describe as "shamelessly aggressive". It's not a big deal to me because I've driven cars like these many many times. I was driving a sports car in perth for 3 years and I've never been done in for speeding, its about discipline man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home