From the small eyes of a small chinese boy

My experiences when i walk through life, my thoughts and of course my condescending brand of humor.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

I HATE DRIVING IN SINGAPORE.

These few days, I've been going to SIMLIM square to assemble my desktop to bring back to Perth (for you non-sg ppl, SIMLIM is a place where they deal with electronics). The traffic has been absolutely appalling. Even in my agile little MX-5, there is a limit to how much i can duck and weave in-between traffic.

THEREFORE...

I have classified the kinds of drivers on Singapore road that I have encountered.

MERCEDES DRIVERS- They have no notion of their own lanes, they tend to drive like they own the road and tend to drive on the line. In severe cases at night, they will drive in-between two lanes. They feel they dominate the roads. This is why the mercedes badge always gets stolen.

AH BENG HONDA CIVICS( Mid 90s hatch model)- Looking at them, initiates a drag race, staring at them, initiates an F1 style race, and giving them the finger, initiates road rage. When you overtake them, you must overtake them gently..if you do it too suddenly, they will downshift and come after you with a flurry of hokkien vulgarities.

TAXI DRIVERS- The legends of BAD driving. They never signal, never give way and can cut 3 lanes, just to pick someone up. They have no fear and no remorse. If you challange them riding a motobike..they will swerve and bang you down. Some say they prowl the streets at night, looking for victims to bully on the road. Favourite haunts include petrol stations and coffee shops.

AND....THE CHAMPIONS OF BAD DRIVING (no no..its not women)

MALAYSIAN TAXIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY COME TO SINGAPORE IN FLEETS AND THEY CUT ME OFF WHEN I WAS GOING SIMLIM, almost causing an accident...

My NEW ENEMY is...the PROTON WIRA...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home