From the small eyes of a small chinese boy

My experiences when i walk through life, my thoughts and of course my condescending brand of humor.

Friday, June 04, 2004

HEAD OR HEART, WHICH IS BETTER.
I know i know, this is such an old topic but i thot i'd just give my views on it.

Firstly, I'd like to discuss what happens when you love with your heart. When you love with your heart, you often get hurt. Sometimes you know deep down inside that it isn't possible, this person is not right for you (thats your head) but you pursue hard for what you long for. You will be blind, walking in the dark, feeling for something, hoping to find it. For me, it is sometimes very impractical to solely use your heart. You do not see the person for what he/she really is. Probability of finding true happiness using your heart soley is slim ( in my opinion )

Secondly, what happens when you love with your head. You look for an ideal person, who fits a pre-meditated perspective of what would be best for you. You might not love the person as much as using your heart, but you will not spend countless nights feeling insecure, because you re-assure yourself you've made the right choice. Still true happiness evades you ( in my opinion ), by using your head solely, you block out multiple emotions that invoke long term attachments, your relationship is one of convenience, rather than happiness.


To conclude, I know that using your head is important. I do it most of the time, I try to calculate the probability of my success with the person. If its good I may open up my heart. If its not, then i will leave it be and wonder what it might have been. I know i will never know for sure whether i could have succeeded or not. BUT...some ppl will tell you, just give it a shot, try and see, or u'll never know. IT IS NOT THAT SIMPLE...When you try, test or whatever. Your actions will set in motion a chain of events, most of the time, these changes are irreversable. If your attempt ends in failure, you will never be able to reverse the events to what it once was, there you go....you've spoilt it.

The situation becomes weird. You start regretting, cause you might have just lost a friend dear to you. Love is a gamble, there is no ideal amount of thinking you can do with your head and your heart that will absolutely guarentee success. It is not possible.

SUDDENLY, it seems that thinking what it could have been, seems so much more appealing opposed to the rest...

chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home