From the small eyes of a small chinese boy

My experiences when i walk through life, my thoughts and of course my condescending brand of humor.

Sunday, July 11, 2004

New car on the way...my dad is mad

Yesterday, I went with my dad to the mercedes showroom to see the new SLK. The one with the longish nose. I really loved cars so i made it a point to go down with him although i kinda had other plans..After some discussion, my Dad said he wanted to buy an SL500.

Walked over and took a look at the price brochure and there it was...the price...around 450,000..I cóuldn't believe it..blardy expensive..HA..If he buys it..and I drive it..there are certain social reckonings I will have to endure..for example..i WILL be labelled a spoilt brat..haha..

Thought about when i graduate and i start working, how I'm going to afford all the things i want in life. Did some calculations and yes, its very bleak man. Both my parents are pretty successful in life...SO WHY THEIR SON SO CANNOT MAKE IT?? arghh....
Yes its pretty cool to drive nice cars..but I guess the ultimate satisfaction is to drive something you bought with your own money. So i guess if I bought a corolla with my own money and i drove it, it would give me the MOST satisfaction..sighz..

Hmmm, what I want in life..thats a pretty tough question.

I always thought buying a ferrari and a nice place in bukit timah would top my list of priorities..I know..it sounds impossible..but I can dream can't I?? I guess now my views have changed..no amount of flashy cars or nice houses can give you true happiness...whats the point of all this without someone to share it with...

What i would really like in life...

Is someone who would enjoy the simple things in life with me, someone who would consider other people before herself, so that i would always feel safe, that she considered my feelings before doing anything. Someone kind, understanding and with a good simple heart. Though it sounds so simple, a person like this is so hard to find......

and when i do...i know i can never win her heart with a car or a house..or cash..

all I'll have is myself...

Chris

4 Comments:

  • At 3:20 AM, Blogger =) said…

    Dun be too bleak on yourself. Heh.. The more u expect, the less u'll get. & often the opposite too! So wish for an ugle, horrible, spoilt brat of a girl! & maybe.. just maybe.. u'll get the opposite..

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    So I should lower my expectations for a girl..so in the end when she comes..she'll be better, then i'll be happier? ok..den i wish for a sub-standard one for now..hmm..maybe someone like narisa..muahahahhaha!! she's gonna kill me

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger =) said…

    I dunnoe who's Narisa lar.. But cannot be mean! So bad so bad! Anyways, how's it going? U're in SG?

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home